Food can be a touchy subject. In our opinion, you should eat when you are hungry and stop when you are satisfied. Eat in a manner that makes you feel good, energized, and nourished. We are not nutritionists, and certainly not foodies, but we do like to eat! Below we will be posting some of the recipes we've enjoyed. Feel free to try them for yourself!
This is one of our FAVORITE dinners! No more going out for tacos when we an make this deliciousness at home!
What you need:
1 lb of chicken
8 oz chicken broth
Corn or flour tortillas
Shredded cheese (optional)
Lettuce, tomato, cabbage, onion, peppers (optional)
Recommended seasonings- garlic salt, chili powder, salt, pepper
*Side dishes: Spanish rice and pinto beans
1. Prepare the chicken in a crock pot by adding the chicken, broth, and seasonings. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2-3. Once the chicken is completely cooked you can shred it and place it in the microwave to keep it warm (or back in the crock pot).
2. About 30 minutes before the chicken is done make guacamole using the avocados and the seasonings listed above. Then cover and place in the fridge.
3. When the chicken is done it is time to start the side dishes! Prepare them according to the directions on the package/container.
4. Tortillas can go in the oven at 350 for 5 minutes.
5. Once the tortillas and side dishes are done it is time to assemble the tacos! We like to put guacamole and cheese (if we have it) on them. You could also add lettuce, cabbage, tomato, peppers, and onion.
1 lb hamburger
2 15-16oz cans of tomato sauce
1 8oz can of tomato paste
2 16oz bags of mozzarella cheese
1 box of oven ready noodles
3 dried bay leaves
9 x 9 glass pan (or metal)
Seasonings of your choice (Italian seasoning, dried onion flakes, garlic salt, spike, salt, pepper)
1. Prepare the hamburger by frying it with some dried onion flakes and whichever seasonings you enjoy.
2. While the meat is cooking begin the sauce. In a medium sauce, on low heat, add both cans of tomato sauce and tomato paste. Season the sauce with Italian season, garlic salt, and some spike (or if you have a different combo you like do that). Then add the bay leaves.
3. The sauce needs to cook for 30 minutes. As soon as the meat is fully cooked, drain it, and add it to the sauce.
4. After the sauce has been cooking for 30 minutes, remove it from heat. Add a little sauce to the bottom of the pan and then lay down a layer of noodles. I can usually only fit 3 and have to break a little off the top.
5. Next, cover the noodles with about half of the sauce and then top it with one bag of cheese.
6. Now add another layer of noodles, layering them in the opposite direction from last time. Top with the remaining sauce and final bag of cheese.
7. Cook the lasagna at 350 for 45 minutes. Do not cover with foil. Let it cool for five minutes before serving.
I LOVE this lasagna! My mom makes it and I have tried to re-create it on my own but hers beats mine hands down! I hope you and your family and friends enjoy this recipe. We like to serve it with garlic bread and salad. If you happen to be a vegetarian then you could remove the beef and substitute some chopped zucchini and spinach instead.
Amber is a picky eater who is trying to eat healthier. Jordan will eat pretty much anything. On this page you will find recipes we are trying for the first time as well a some of our tried and true favorites.