Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Handbook was my 27th book this year. This is a quick, but informational read on those looking to experience a significant drop in weight in a short time frame.
The basic tenets of his Protein Sparring Modified Fast (PSMF) are:
1. Protein intake set depending on body fat percentage and activity
2. Basically unlimited amount of vegetables (a few are off limits)
3. Either fish oil capsules or liquid fish oil for EFAs every day.
4. A basic multivitamin/mineral supplement. One or two other key supplements.
5. Planned refeeds, free meals, and diet breaks depending on activity and body fat percentage.
6. Length of PSMF to be set depending on body fat percentage and activity level.
Lyle covers in detail each of the above points. He also briefly touches on creating a maintenance diet after a crash diet in order to prevent weight gain. If partaking in a crash diet to jump start your weight loss journey is something that interests you this could be a valuable resource for you.